Du bist nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Insektenfotos.de-Forum. Falls dies dein erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lies bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird dir die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus solltest du dich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutze das Registrierungsformular, um dich zu registrieren oder informiere dich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls du dich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert hast, kannst du dich hier anmelden.

• »JohnEs81« ist männlich
  • »JohnEs81« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 29. Juli 2019

• Private Nachricht senden

Montag, 23. März 2020, 15:01

Hedera helix and Aquilegia vulgaris 'Heidi'?

Hello everyone, :)

First and foremost, I hope that you all stay safe from Corona virus. auf Lateinisch: Dominus vobiscum.

photo 1:
I am hoping that someone can confirm the first photo as common ivy (Hedera helix). Otherwise, what else could it be?

photo 2:
I am begging someone to help me narrow down a variety of a flower. I love this flower; it is my favorite. I saw it growing in a local park in May (I guess someone planted the seeds there). I have done alot of research to try to figure out what it is and i arrive at Aquilegia vulgaris. My Wife added research and thinks that it could be Aquilegia vulgaris 'Heidi'. Is this true? I really want to know what it is, so i can buy the seeds. I think this pink and white version is absolutely magnificent. Please note that i cropped around the flower to blur the background so to allow the flower to be more noticeable.

Best wishes and Thank you :) ,
John
»JohnEs81« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • ivy.jpg
  • flower.jpg

• »Dennis Rupprecht« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 24. Juli 2011

Hobbys: Lebewesen aller Art, am liebsten Pflanzen und Fische

Montag, 23. März 2020, 16:03

Hallo John!

H.helix is right.

Aquilegia vulgaris 'Heidi' could be right. Aquilegia is often planted, and very often are the garden-plants going into the wilderness. There are so many different color schemes from pink to purple. And they mate with each other to create hybrids of more color schemes. Here in my area, there are many of them.

You could ask in your city. Perhaps they can help you to find the ones who planted them there.
I did the same several years ago, the companie helped me to identify some of the plants in public places in my village.

Grüße,
Dennis

Montag, 23. März 2020, 22:50

Hi Dennis!

Thank you for the H. helix confirmation. I didn't realize the common ivy is so pretty until i saw it wrapped around a tree at the edge of woods. Very interesting climbing plant.
You could ask in your city. Perhaps they can help you to find the ones who planted them there.
I will try it but Berlin is such a big city. Maybe noone knows who planted it there. I suppose that i can try the 'Heidi' variation to see if it looks the same.

The city plants flowers at the park but they usually place them in a particular area. The A. vulgaris was located at the opposite side of the park at some bushes that surround a section of the pond. Which is why i wonder if a local resident planted seeds.

I really like this flower. I'm happy that you can atleast confirm the species. Now we will try the 'Heidi' variation to see if it really is this variety or not. I'll update the post when applicable.

Thank you and Best Wishes, :)
John

Dienstag, 24. März 2020, 08:38

Hello John,
there are now many breeding forms of Aquilegia vulgaris.
If "Heidi" doesn't look the same, you can also try Aquilegia vulgaris
"Biedermeier" or "Sping magic" or "Winky Red White" and so on. As far as
I know they're all hybrid forms. The wild form in pink is called
Aquilegia vulgaris "Altrosa". I think there is a large selection you can
try. I also love these plants, they're so beautiful in all colours.
Best wishes Sabine

Dienstag, 24. März 2020, 20:46

Hi Sabine,

Thank you for the added info. I will shop for many varieties so i can enjoy all of them :-) It is my favorite flower. I am happy to know that you also like these flowers. You have good taste :P

Best wishes,
John